8 notecards with pictures from The Edge of the Wild printed on them with envelopes. Printed on 100% recycled paper.
Organize a screening of The Edge of the Wild in your town!
Screening The Edge of the Wild is an excellent fundraising and outreach event for environmental groups, nature centers, museums, nonprofits, outdoor retailers, conscious businesses, high schools, and colleges. You're free to charge admission at your screening to benefit your organization, and to publicize the screening to draw attention to your group and endangered species issues in your community. Our toolkit is especially geared towards creating action in support of the Endangered Species Act, which is under serious attack in Washington, DC. Watching the film with a group of people is a great experience and builds community, and is an excellent way to attract new members. We recommend combining the event with a social mixer or reception for a fun night out for people in your community to meet and talk.
We provide you with all of the tools and walk you through the process of planning and promoting a screening event. Included in the package is:
- a DVD for screening
- license agreement for one public screening
- a screening guide that includes questions to spur dialogue after the viewing
- "Save the ESA" action items, including printable postcards and online petitions
- A poster design that you can customize and print
- a digital postcard design
- a printable Endangered Species Act infographic fact sheet
- a customizable press release
- a customizable “letter to the editor”
- online film stills (already available on the press page of this website)
- promotion of your event on our website and social media pages
- access to filmmaker via Skype for question and answer session after the screening
- a sample promotional email to send out
- sample facebook and twitter posts
- a suggested timeline for promotion of your event and best practices
You will need:
- a venue with projection equipment and an adequate sound system
- technical staff or volunteers to set up and run the equipment
- volunteers and staff to run the event and do promotion and outreach (approx 6-10 hours promotion)
- a way to sell tickets - via mail, in person, or an online site like Brown Paper Tickets (https://www.brownpapertickets.com/)
Purchase of the screening package is for one public screening of the film to benefit a nonprofit 501c organization only. Your screening package license does not include distributing the video online or duplicating the DVD or BluRay discs and distributing them.
If you would like to view the entire film before screening, obtain a copy for personal viewing, or have multiple screenings, please contact us at gail at mallimsonmedia dot com.